Graduation from a physical therapist (assistant) education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 波托马克大街3030号., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; phone: 703-706-3242; firstname.lastname@example.org is necessary for eligibility to sit for the licensure examination, which is required in all states.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is a joint Oregon Tech and Oregon 健康 & Science University (OHSU) program that will provide a comprehensive entry-level and post-baccalaureate DPT education, with the unique focus of preparing high quality graduates with the skills to become practitioners of choice and leaders in rural physical therapy practice. The DPT program will ensure graduates develop competence in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with health or medical condidtions that may affect movement and mobility.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Be proficient to practice as effective, efficient, and safe autonomous practitioners.
- Achieve 100% ultimate pass rate on the National Physical Therapy Examination.
- Engage in self-directed practice grounded in contemporary evidence and research; demonstrate exemplary critical thinking to meet patient needs; and engage in interprofessional practice to optimize patient outcomes.
- Practice physical therapy in accordance with the American Physical Therapy Association Standards of Practice, 国家法律, and federal laws in direct access environments.
- Supervise, manage, and instruct support personnel, including the delegation of appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrate empathetic and compassionate practice.
- Adhere to the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics.
- Respect and treat each patient as an individual, regardless of gender, 比赛, color, 性取向, or religious affiliation.
- Demonstrate ability to safely provide appropriate patient-centered care, interpreted as practicting ethically and professionally, with cultural competence/sensitivity.
- Act as patient advocate, educator, and consultant in diverse settings.
- Demonstrate commitment to the physical therapy profession.
- Serve as leaders who assume multiple roles, including scholarly activities, which have a positive impact on the profession and the community.
- Demonstrate dedication, 完整性, and a lifelong commitment to learning and professional development.
Summary of Program Student Learning Outcomes
The Doctor of Physical Therapy faculty will formally assess the student learning outcomes which will be summarized in the annual program assessment report. Additional details will be found in department assessment records.
Program Curriculum Map
The curriculum map for the Marriage and Family Therapy program can be found on the catalog web page on the Oregon Tech website, wo5l6.arpavan.com/catalog.